21 March, 2011

How To Recover Photos If Your Mac System Is Unable To Read Files

Mac OS based systems, though very robust and are full of brilliant features for the photographers, are not totally free from errors. With the corruption, the photos saved in it also become inaccessible. Apart from its corruption, the Mac based system also shows error messages while dealing with the photos. In case of photo loss from a Mac based system, you can bank upon the backup to recover your lost digital images. But in absence of proper backup, you need Mac Photo Recovery Software to recover the photos.

I had faced an error message while using my Mac based system. The event goes this way: I had recently bought iMac 24'' screen. Being a die hard fan of photography and my incredible photos, the first thing I did with my iMac was to transfer my 10 year old 40,000 photos into iPhoto. I did it my cut pasting the photos. I found around 100 photos did not get transferred to my iPhoto. After this, I faced another problem. Each time I opened my iPhoto, I received an error message that reads:

"Photos have been found in the iPhoto library that were not imported. Would you like to import them?"

This asks yes or no question. When I selected 'yes', iPhoto created an empty album named "recovered photos" and poped a message that reads:

"Unreadable Files

The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data)"

When I selected 'NO', iPhoto poped yet another message that reads:

"The photos have been placed in the folder /Users/ks72/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_3"

This does not stop with these messages. Every time I opend the iPhoto, I found the same cycle of messages again and again.

Causes:

The reason for this error message is corruption in the iPhoto

Resolution:

To resolve the problem, I followed the following procedures as advised by the experts:

In the home folder, select the Picture folder

Select "Show Package Contents" by right cliking on "iPhoto Library"

Move all the contents of "Import" folder in to other location in your Mac

Unlock the locked photos through ''Get Info''

Import these photos in the library if you need them. If you don't need the photos, Secure Empty Trash it

You may not resolve the problem even after following the above procedures. In such a situation you need Mac Photo Recovery Software to recover the photos.

Stellar Phoenix Mac Photo Recovery Software is one such tool that performs Mac Picture Recovery from memory cards, CDs, DVDs, iPods, USB storages devices, digital cameras, Flash Cards, Zip Disks, Mini Disks and Mac operating system based hard drives. It also performs Memory Card Recovery from memory sticks, IBM Micro Drives, SD Cards, MMC Cards, XD Cards, and Secure Digital Cards.

Tom Patrick is a data recovery software expert and doing research on data recovery software and CD DVD Data Recovery

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tom_Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment